Vancouver 2010
Now that the Olympics are in full swing, we headed back up to Vancouver.
We started out again at Granville Island, after taking the SkyTrain into the city.
Had lunch at the Swiss house. Sadly, I didn't see Stephen Colbert, who's in town for the events and paid a visit to Swiss house to engage in some alphorn playing.
People (other people!) are waiting hours to see and touch Olympic medals at the Royal Canadian Mint. They are really beautiful medals and if I had more time, and fewer children, I might be tempted to join the crowd. Or maybe not, with waits of up to four hours.
Despite the protective fence and throngs of people, the cauldron was incredible, especially against the scenic backdrop.
Night came on and the entire downtown core was filled with people from around the world, sharing the Olympic atmosphere.
A unique, enjoyable day but on the long side ~ as evidenced by the cast-off shoes and Tim Hortons wrapper.
4 comments:
What an incredible experience!! I'm so glad you were able to make it up there for a day!
you got to go! so fun, i bet that was an amazing experience. nate and i are big fans of colbert, i would have been looking for him too.
if i hadn't gotten a job, we probably would have been in these pictures
Kevin really wanted to go out there and visit and catch the Olympic action, but i was in the middle of orientation. It looks like a memorable experience.
hello! I know, really haven't seen ya much. Nate preached at the chapel Sunday and thought maybe I'd see you there- it was great to be at W.L., as always. So, Nate's brother works for pixar- he works in the computer department. Pretty amazing job. Anyway, we always wait and clap for bro Christopher C. Walker. DId you see Toy Story 3? It's worth it, in my opinion.
(p.s. are you sure it doesn't get easier? I"m banking on that!)
Post a Comment