Luke's greatest birthday wish ~ that of visiting a chocolate factory ~ was granted when we toured Theo chocolate. Theo, the only organic and Fair Trade chocolate factory in the United States, is one of my favorite businesses to promote and support. Bean-to-bar chocolate. A company with respectable ethics. How refreshing.
The tour covers a myriad of information, from the historic and geographic origins of chocolate, to the concept of Fair Trade, to the evolution of Theo, and of course the actual workings of the factory itself. 
One of the cool things about Theo is its location in a historic building in Seattle's Fremont district. Get thee to the gift shop and do some sampling!
1 comment:
Argh! I can't believe we missed you! Russ kept urging me to call you and tell you we would be up that way, but we were only making it as far as Seattle and I didn't want to bug you. He laughed this morning when he read my comments and told me I was in trouble. :-P
Considering how 'well' my last factory tour went with my boys, you might not have wanted us around, anyway. *I* would have loved that tour, though. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment