We rode the "Evergreen State" out to the islands this past week. We love riding ferries! They're what connected Hans and me when we first met and he worked on Vancouver Island. Along with the awesome glacial landscapes of the Cascade mountains, the open waters of Puget Sound are unique to Western Washington. Our ferry fleet is the largest in the country ~ and the third largest in the world.
On our way to Orcas Island, we stopped over at Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. This is "Free Willy" country.The dock at Orcas hasn't changed much over the years.Here's where we stay on Orcas. Imagine me, ensconced in a comfy chair, gazing at the view below for hours on end. Bliss.
View from the house over Cormorant Bay and President's Channel.I collect memories every year of reading on The Rock.
Oh, Colleen! Thanks for the ferry pics! My mom lives part time on SJI, and seeing your shot just brings back the great memories of our last two summer vacations there!
8 comments:
Enjoyed looking through your blog.
Question: How do you run in snow/ice? I can't even walk on the ice and I live in MN.
You really make me long to live in the Northwest! I think I was born in the wrong place or Dirk and I should have moved before college.
Oh.man. Take me away now! I am so ready to be there.
And we love ferries here, too!
These are wonderful. I hope you got plenty of time enjoying that view. Amazing.
Yes, I can imagine you sitting right there. The pictures are amazing. Yes, I do want to come visit...thank you very much!
Susan
Are you near Bellingham? One of these days I'm gonna jump on a plane and fly there! Gorgeous!
I'm jealous! Looks like my kind of vacation... well, actually it looks a lot like the island we stay at in Maine.
Oh, Colleen! Thanks for the ferry pics! My mom lives part time on SJI, and seeing your shot just brings back the great memories of our last two summer vacations there!
Kristine out of lurking
Post a Comment