It looks so tame now, harnessed and dammed. Difficult to imagine the falls; the native fishing grounds where salmon were speared as they struggled upstream. Hard to fathom Lewis & Clark shooting the rapids out to the Pacific ("Ocean in view; O, the joy!"). The Columbia epitomizes both the triumph and the tragedy of the American West.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I just reserved the "lewis & clark" documentary. These photos are gorgeous!
Susan
Breathtaking! I can't even imagine seeing that waterfall in person!
Oh my. It all looks so cool and refreshing. Take me away!
Okay,girl, NEVER STOP BLOGGING!!! You must do this for the rest of your life!!
I looked at every photo and the whole slice of your life was wonderful.
It is supposed to be 102 degrees here, we have not seen rain in so long that we are probably going to lose our big old tree in our backyard this summer and your rain and snow pictures are so refreshing to me!
Your pictures are very good. Can we have more farm life pictures, please, for the suburbanites?
Thanks for sharing your pictures with someone from the desert!
Lee (from the WTM board)
I LOVE opening your photos to the full size. They are breathtaking. I think I love WA!! :)
Post a Comment