The Demo Derby, a true slice of Americana. I'm so glad we have events like this to keep our firefighters busy. Who needs rides when there are Large Pieces of Machinery available for show and tell? (That's my mother-in-law enjoying a quiet moment with Rafe and Kai.) I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Come to think of it, I really do feel like screaming after spending a four-hour shift scooping the cold stuff.
Okay, okay, we DO need rides.
Who cares if this action shot is blurry? Those faces sum up the sheer joy of childhood and the fair.
I like happy blurry boy shots, too. And, can I just tell you that my Dad (real one) kept driving in demo derbies into his sixties. His brothers gave it up before then but there was one year when he was in his late forties that he and his brothers each took first, second, and third prize in the derby... Yes, the McEwens are well known in Missouri for demolition derbying... what a claim to fame! ;)
i agree about the action shot its wonderful, it made me feel just that same exeleration. were you couldn't stop smiling and feeling good if commaded to.
i am also always pleased to see the fire fighters having such a good time being usefull.
to bad about being sick but maybe your body needed to slow down and couldn't get your attention any other way. made for a nice drug store add.
7 comments:
I think all "joy of childhood" shots need to be blurry. How else could you capture the constant motion.
I LOVE that last shot! It would go on my wall...
I do so love blurry happy boy faces. :)
I like happy blurry boy shots, too. And, can I just tell you that my Dad (real one) kept driving in demo derbies into his sixties. His brothers gave it up before then but there was one year when he was in his late forties that he and his brothers each took first, second, and third prize in the derby... Yes, the McEwens are well known in Missouri for demolition derbying... what a claim to fame! ;)
Your pictures capture the energy and fun of this fair... so glad your boys are having a great time!
i agree about the action shot its wonderful, it made me feel just that same exeleration. were you couldn't stop smiling and feeling good if commaded to.
i am also always pleased to see the fire fighters having such a good time being usefull.
to bad about being sick but maybe your body needed to slow down and couldn't get your attention any other way. made for a nice drug store add.
That was an awesome reminder to me why it is worth it to go to the fair!! Great photos....the blurry one was absolutely the best!!!
Post a Comment