Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Storytime

Tuesday mornings mean preschool story time at the local library. Can it be that I once brought my "only" oldest to this? Now I watch Rafe and Kai enjoy their turn, and my heart hurts a bit, knowing how close I am to moving past this simple, lovely ritual.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I feel your pain. I took my oldest ds to storytime *every* week for years and look back to those times with great fondness. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, I wasn't able to keep up even half that faithfulness with middle ds and dd. It's probably been over a year since we've been. I keep saying I'm going to look up the schedule and make time to go - especially for dd who has had very little storytime and would enjoy it so. She's 3, soon to be 4, so the time for this treasured activity is slipping away. Sigh.

Anyways, to your picture....it is a perfect one to illustrate storytime with the bag of books and the stuffed animal thrown in.

Paula said...

It's a wonderful poignant picture. It says so much.

Dalissa 365 said...

Oh yeah, I can relate to this photo although we never really did storytime. Just the stage being over soon in general.

SUSAN said...

Poignant Photo!

Susan

Sandie said...

Just today, my youngest two students (9-10) were looking for a missing puzzle piece and found some old picture books stored in boxes behind the couch...long story...and they told me in no uncertain terms that they still enjoyed those stories and that they should be on the shelves! I do miss storytime. With all the kids in novels, we rarely get time to do all the fun short stories that I love.

Dancingirl said...

I remember moments from the story times we went to almost 20 years ago. You've taken such a sweet picture to symbolize sweet days slipping by too quickly.

MaryD said...

i love the little monkey (is it curious george?) in the bag with the books, reading time is more than the mind, but snuggling up together... i definitely miss those days, and regret that i didn't appreciate them more at the time...