Saturday, March 24, 2007

Run of the River

Last weekend Hans and I retreated at our familiar, beloved Run of the River (www.runoftheriver.com). It's a homecoming of sorts. While March isn't the most stellar vacation season, our time away was lovely nonetheless.
The doors were still bedecked in a winter theme.
We always stay in this room, "Enchantments", named after the mountains just beyond the inn.

Early morning mist rises above the Icicle Valley.
Run of the River is a few hours away from us, just on the other side of the Cascades. It may rain buckets it Western Washington (as it's been doing all month, and was the day this photo was taken), but a few hours east we can bask in warm sunshine.
I love ponderosa pines. They represent "dry and warm" to me: time with Hans at Run of the River, time with all my guys when we camp later in the year.
Anjou Bakery: Funny how some of the best places are in the middle of what is, seemingly, nowhere.

9 comments:

Sandie said...

Yeah! I am happy to see more pictures. It looks like a lovely place. That bed is pretty much my dream bed. I am glad you all had a good time!

SUSAN said...

It's good to see the famous "Run of the River"...though I admit to looking at it online a few years back. What a lovely place! I am glad you and Hans had a nice getaway and glad you are posting again. :-)

Susan

LauraLiz said...

What a wonderful place to get away! I've missed your photos.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

What a great place to go as a traditional getaway. Good for you!

Sandy said...

Missed you! So glad to see pictures on your blog again and happy that you (and Hans) were able to get away for a little while. The Run of the River looks lovely. Hopefully things will dry up in your neck of the woods soon.

Unknown said...

What a travelog this page is. Gorgeous.

Dalissa 365 said...

Looks like a great place to get away! Beautiful photos, too!

Paula said...

Looks wonderful. So glad you got to go!

Dancingirl said...

I'm glad you could get away and it's nice to get away to some place where you feel at home. Looks lovely. (And I'm glad to see more pictures!)