I woke Thursday morning to hear the cows running about joyfully in the pasture just beyond the yard. Spring is officially upon us. The cows are out. And here, the proud farmer takes in the sight of his herd on fresh grass. This idyllic scene belies the realities of separating calves from their mothers a day or two after birth.
Finally the fat cows pictures! It doesn't count though as she's about to deliver. That really is a sad thought about the separation but it's a reality of dairy farming, isn't it.
3 comments:
I am happy for the cows and the farmer!! Why do the calves have to be separated. :-(
Susan
Such a beautiful sight! So peaceful and hopeful.
Finally the fat cows pictures! It doesn't count though as she's about to deliver. That really is a sad thought about the separation but it's a reality of dairy farming, isn't it.
I'm glad to be back seeing your pictures Colleen!
Post a Comment