Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring Skiing

Perfect weather to enjoy what was probably our last ski day this season.
At Baker, skiers and boarders hike out-of-bounds ridges to get access to pure, unadulterated snow.
After a decade of skiing with a baby in a backpack ~ and, at times, a toddler in his arms, too ~ Hans is nearing the end of an era. Shortly after I took this picture, these guys took a tumble and Kai has the swollen, bruised cheek to prove it. But he takes great pride in re-enacting the incident.

4 comments:

SUSAN said...

Man, y'all are brave. I'm not sure I could have ever let John ski with a child in a backpack. *shiver*

Gorgeous snow. I have so enjoyed seeing your ski photos. Your kids will have many happy memories from y'alls times of skiing together.

Susan

LauraLiz said...

Breathtaking!!

Sandy said...

These pictures are beautiful as they are but enlarged they're just amazing! I enjoyed seeing your family in that first pic and the ski tracks on the mountain in the second. I wouldn't be brave enough to ski w/ a baby in a backpack - or let my dh! ;-) I'm sure he's in good hands with Hans, though!

MaryD said...

Love these beautiful snow pictures!And your dh is pretty amazing!