Friday, February 2, 2007

In the kitchen





Jan helped make dinner tonight ~ a rarity, since I'm not very keen on having other people in the kitchen. He was justifiably proud of the results: eggrolls and stir-fry rice with baby bok choy.

10 comments:

RedGypsie said...

You make egg rolls? I need the recipe puh-leeeeeze? :D

Dalissa 365 said...

Hmm... that looks tasty! I am impressed that you make your own egg rolls. I'm with Tia, please do tell how you do it?

Sandie said...

Very pretty colors in the bottom shot. He looks so serious making those eggrolls, let him in that kitchen more often :) You may have a future Iron Chef in your kitchen, and at the very least your future dil will love you even more....

LauraLiz said...

He looks like a very good helper, Colleen. I could go for some of those egg rolls myself!

Katrina said...

Oh! You should let him help more often. :) What beautiful presentation! And I would love the eggroll recipe, too. :) How do you cook bok choy?

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I'll be over in a minute. YUM!

SUSAN said...

Beautiful! I'd say you have a good helper on your hands. Did you make those egg rolls homemade? I've always wanted to try that but have been intimidated.

Lovely colors in your meal, my dear.

Susan

Colleen said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. : ) Making egg rolls is really very simple, if somewhat time-consuming. I'll post the recipe on LampPost.

Laney said...

What if we don't know how to get to Lamppost? Then what?

No egg rolls for us poor souls? :-)

MaryD said...

It's not hard to find the LampPost!

Your son looks like a great helper. And the eggrolls do look lovely.

It's nice to have the kitchen to yourself, I feel that way too... But as my boys are leaving one by one-- I look back and am thankful for the memories of times working together and chatting together in the kitchen! Some of the interesting deeper truths come out when they are chopping veggies and don't have to look directly at you...