Such pretty rings! You captured the light perfectly. So you had to take them off to capture the symbol of fidelity and then titled it "Circular Reasoning." Perfect!
I love the solidness of the wood beneath them. They seem supported by more than just their own being and I like the difference in the two textures too. They are beautiful rings; great shot!
I wonder about the title. Circular reasoning could be just a pun, or it could be that feeling of being trapped in a cycle from which there is no escape. Or, it could be a way of explaining a situation to which you are committed but in which you don't delight. Or...it could just be a great shot with beautiful lighting of two gorgeous rings!
Thanks for the nice comments. The more I look at this picture, the more I like it. I set it up and took it very quickly just so I'd have something to post, but I'm pleased with the result. We only wear our wedding rings when we go somewhere, so they're usually just sitting around. I love the rings. They're handmade from white and silver gold. I love what rings symbolize, too. But Paula got it right when she considered what this picture (and title) means for me. They reflect a cycle that goes around and around, a commitment that may look pretty on the outside but in reality brings no pleasure. So the beauty of the actual photo is reflects a superficiality.
Yeah, you know you are speaking my language. I commented to you on LampPost, too. What does it mean that you only wear them when you go out? I am not asking this for an answer but more a something to be explored.
The picture itself could be on the cover of a bridal magazine :) However, coupled with the title is reminds me of 'a golden cage', it doesn't matter how beautiful and plush it is, it is still not freedom.
8 comments:
Such pretty rings! You captured the light perfectly. So you had to take them off to capture the symbol of fidelity and then titled it "Circular Reasoning." Perfect!
I love the solidness of the wood beneath them. They seem supported by more than just their own being and I like the difference in the two textures too. They are beautiful rings; great shot!
I wonder about the title. Circular reasoning could be just a pun, or it could be that feeling of being trapped in a cycle from which there is no escape. Or, it could be a way of explaining a situation to which you are committed but in which you don't delight. Or...it could just be a great shot with beautiful lighting of two gorgeous rings!
You got it. The close up is great, the lighting is just right, the subject is lovely, and the title makes you think. This is a great photo, Colleen.
Thanks for the nice comments. The more I look at this picture, the more I like it. I set it up and took it very quickly just so I'd have something to post, but I'm pleased with the result. We only wear our wedding rings when we go somewhere, so they're usually just sitting around. I love the rings. They're handmade from white and silver gold. I love what rings symbolize, too. But Paula got it right when she considered what this picture (and title) means for me. They reflect a cycle that goes around and around, a commitment that may look pretty on the outside but in reality brings no pleasure. So the beauty of the actual photo is reflects a superficiality.
Beauty,
Light and shadows,
precious metal,
resting on solid wood...
Nice capture.
Yeah, you know you are speaking my language. I commented to you on LampPost, too. What does it mean that you only wear them when you go out? I am not asking this for an answer but more a something to be explored.
The picture itself could be on the cover of a bridal magazine :) However, coupled with the title is reminds me of 'a golden cage', it doesn't matter how beautiful and plush it is, it is still not freedom.
Post a Comment