Yippee! I feel positively creative, what with all these inquiries! In reality, though, there's nothing creative about this picture. I took it in a fit of desperation at the end of the day, since I had nothing else to post. : )
It's a photo of a photo ~ a Landsat (space satellite) picture of this area. The Canadian coastal mountain range is all along the top. Below that, the square-shaped peninsula is the city of Vancouver. South of that is Bellingham and environs, my backyard. In the bottom left-hand corner, you see Vancouver Island, and at the very center bottom are some of the San Juan Islands, which are part of Washington state.
One thing I love about this particular map is that it of course shows no distinction between British Columbia and Washington. Instead, it makes clear the interrelationship of the Canadian and American geography.
Thanks for your comments; I'm glad this one piqued your interest! : )
7 comments:
Spectacular! (Now tell me exactly what it is. :-))
Are you on top of a mountain looking down? That can't be right because there is no snow. hmmm
I give! :-)
Susan
I am going to guess too...it looks like maybe you and your guys made a 3d map? Whatever it is I like the color and shadow play.
Cool shot! I want to know more, too.
Is it a close up of rust on something? Cool photo.
Is that a topographical map? Looks very cool!
Yippee! I feel positively creative, what with all these inquiries! In reality, though, there's nothing creative about this picture. I took it in a fit of desperation at the end of the day, since I had nothing else to post. : )
It's a photo of a photo ~ a Landsat (space satellite) picture of this area. The Canadian coastal mountain range is all along the top. Below that, the square-shaped peninsula is the city of Vancouver. South of that is Bellingham and environs, my backyard. In the bottom left-hand corner, you see Vancouver Island, and at the very center bottom are some of the San Juan Islands, which are part of Washington state.
One thing I love about this particular map is that it of course shows no distinction between British Columbia and Washington. Instead, it makes clear the interrelationship of the Canadian and American geography.
Thanks for your comments; I'm glad this one piqued your interest! : )
Post a Comment