Friday, January 12, 2007

Love Affair

We use these (season passes)...
...and this (our Suburban, bearing the seemingly-contradictory bumper-sticker encouragement to "Go Organic")...
...to do this. Jan Christian will be 12 in June; here he bears with his digital camera-toting mother, while Mount Shuksan (adjacent to Baker) looms in the background. Enlarge this photo to truly appreciate the grandeur of the Cascade mountains in winter.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Do even your little guys ski? I remember years ago skiiing in NY and being blown away by 3 year olds on skis...totally passing many adults in both skill and speed!

Sandie said...

I was supposed to take Nathan snowboarding today, but the slopes were all closed because of warm weather and rain that melted all their 'man made' snow! He would be in 7th heaven living were you guys do.

Dancingirl said...

So fun! It really looks like winter there! How nice that winter is when it's slowest for your family and you can take advantage of an activity you all love.

heather said...

wow, I am glad some one is having a good ski season. the radio here on the east coast has been reporting all week on the sad plight of the ski resorts in the area.
beatiful mountians,
cool helmet

Laney said...

OK! This is sooo weird! I *just* began this myself and *then* I got your e-mail.

Is it just me or do you hear The Twilight Zone music too? :-)

Welcome to the blogosphere, dear girl!

Katrina said...

WOW!! Snow is so beautiful, and when you add mountains, it's just breath-taking

Crissy said...

Such a beautiful view you have, Colleen!

I can't wait to see more of the farm and your family.

Crissy

Unknown said...

ARGH!! Andrew didn't log out again! Sorry girls! (TIA)

Dalissa 365 said...

Love seeing the mountains. I am jealous that you have such grand views and actual snow. Today, like many others recently, didn't even require a jacket to go out... so weird for PA in January.

Sandy said...

I am so thrilled to be able to see the places I've heard you talk about so many times. The mountain is just gorgeous (I enlarged it and took a good long look). Such beautiful scenery. Jan is quite the handsome skier. :)

Ampersand said...

Unbelievably beautiful.