Thursday, January 11, 2007

Blowin' Snow

An obscured view of Mount Baker, as seen from my bedroom window. For the second time this winter, 50 mph winds and blowing snow results in...
...a cozy old farmhouse, where snow gathers under the eaves, seeping into bedroom closets and causing young children to...
...cry to their mothers for rooms with temperatures above freezing. Fear not, little one...
...the winds will calm, the air will clear; the snow will be removed by big brothers wielding shovels and performing contortions in the confines of the crawl space...
...while you watch merrily, excused from manual labor.

9 comments:

LauraLiz said...

What a great series! I love the look into your life--one so totally different from mine! You make it very much alive.

Unknown said...

Lol! I wonder if you can keep this pace for 365 days. I sure love seeing more of your natural setting Gorgeous. Cute little boy too.

Paula said...

What a view! I can't imagine waking up to that every day. You can almost feel the cold seeping in though.

SUSAN said...

Love the view from the window, the story and the cutie pie!

Susan

LauraLiz said...

You are cracking me up, Colleen (and I sure needed a diversion at work today)! Great pics!

Dalissa 365 said...

Brrr... snow in your eaves! Thank goodness you have all those sons for that manual labor. ;)

I love the view from your house.

MaryD said...

great pictures, colleen! glad i'm not dealing with that snow right now. your pictures and commentary capture the feeling of those COLD snowy days. really well done.

Dancingirl said...

Wonderful series... love the house and scenery interspersed with ds.

Sandy said...

I love how you're telling a story with your pictures. The look on your little one's face is priceless. Thank goodness for older, stronger brothers! I don't think I'd ever get enough of that view from your house. Beautiful!