Monday, January 29, 2007

Swept Away

My attention of late has been riveted by a re-reading of Jane Eyre. Thank you, Charlotte Bronte, for reminding me of the richness of the English language and the beauty and mystery that can exist within the pages of a great novel.

8 comments:

Sandie said...

I really like the greens in this picture. The simple elegance is wonderful.

Ampersand said...

Love the book and the photo.

RedGypsie said...

Great paint color!! Are those flowers real? This picture makes me want to curl up and read that old friend.

Katrina said...

I like the composition of this one. It's a simple shot, and I think that's what makes it! Makes me want to read that book.

SUSAN said...

I love the green on your wall. This photo exudes peace!

Susan

LauraLiz said...

Late to the party, so all I can say is "ditto." I was searching for Sandie's phrase "simple elegance," I think.

I really love this one.

Dancingirl said...

Ditto everyone. I love the greens and the composition.

Kate said...

Oh, I can only agree with you here! This is one of my favorite Victorian books. It is a genuine treasure! I love your picture too.

Warmly,
Kate