Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Down the Line

The beauty of the natural surroundings are proving advantageous in this "365" endeavor. I take a mere handful of pictures each day ~ haven't even put a memory card in my camera yet, truth be told. I rely on impressive views, as displayed in the two photos I took today. This railroad track is just up the road, between our place and town.






My typical run includes a pass or two by the golf course.

6 comments:

LauraLiz said...

This one just almost could be Switzerland. Certainly reminds me of it! Absolutely gorgeous.

One day I'm coming out there! Really.

SUSAN said...

You are right! Beautiful surroundings are easy to photograph and yet I might not have thought to shoot the railroad lines as you did...that little detail makes a lovely photo a fantastic photo. I really like both of these!

Susan

Sandie said...

I took a railroad shot from almost the same angle when at my FIL on Sunday. It wasn't nearly as pretty, the light was bad, but there is something that draws me to the tracks going on forever. I was going to try again on a prettier day and in a different spot of the track.

Your outdoor shots really take my breath away.

LauraLiz said...

The RR tracks didn't load for me yesterday. This "let's go" girl really likes it. :-)

Katrina said...

I really like the RR tracks. The shadows add dimension to it. And I love how they go off into "forever."

MaryD said...

I know I'm really late. I love the railroad tracks, looking down the line. I feel a sense of connection in this picture-- connecting "now" with the future (looking ahead to the destination) as well as the past (when railroads were more common.) Reminds me of my Dad who loved railroads too. And your background views are breath-taking. You are blessed.