We visited my parents this weekend. One of the moments I most enjoyed was watching "Oma" introduce my little ones to the art of crocheting. Above, with 4 year old Rafe... ...and here with Luke, soon to turn 7. We spent some time talking about my mother's village of Schiltach, in the German Schwarzwald (Black Forest). I'm fairly pleased with the clarity of these pictures, considering they're photos of photos. My mother's grandparents' home is pictured in both of these.
LOVE THESE!!!! . . . the sense of family -- one generation teaching another . . . the connection to the "old country" . . . neat that you have access to the old photos of those houses . . . (I can't seem to think in complete sentences this morning.)
4 comments:
LOVE THESE!!!! . . . the sense of family -- one generation teaching another . . . the connection to the "old country" . . . neat that you have access to the old photos of those houses . . . (I can't seem to think in complete sentences this morning.)
I love getting to see the photos of your Mom and her grandparents home.
I especially like the top photo with all the neat patterns. The wallpaper, the chair, the two shirts...it makes me smile!
What an idyllic village. Your kids and Oma are so precious!
Good eye, Colleen!
Susan
Post a Comment