Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snow Day

And now for my own creations, such as they are. Nearly a foot of snow fell here today. The air was unusually calm, allowing us to savor the landscape. By evening, though, the northeaster began blowing madly, as it is wont to do, altering the landscape, sculpting the snow into drifts that challenge our work and play.

9 comments:

MaryD said...

This looks so beautiful. It's a completely different world where you are! What are the signs on the house?

LauraLiz said...

Hooray! Photos on Colleen's blog!

I especially like the top one. Absolutely gorgeous.

Sandie said...

Yeah! Colleen gets to come out and play :) Very pretty and at least someone has some real snow on the ground. The top pictuire is very pretty.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous house! I am so jealous of all that snow!! Send some our way.

MaryD said...

Nevermind about the signs, I was able to view the photos large and read them! Very cool.

Dalissa 365 said...

I'm glad you made the jump, Colleen. I am thoroughly looking forward to having a visual glimpse into your neck of the woods with hopefully a heavy dose of pictures of your boys and Hans.

Paula said...

Hooray, you're here! I've been thinking of you all day as I try to be 'a good housekeeper.' You're my role model, I guess!
The snow is so beautiful and your house looks so snug.

Dancingirl said...

You made it!!! I will add you to my link list tonight.

You live in a winter wonderland. I read books about snow to the toddlers today at co-op and did a lot of sighing. Crumpling up paper and cutting paper snowflakes just doesn't make it for snow!

Sandy said...

Your house is beautiful in all that snow. Love your white lights too.