Friday, January 26, 2007

Words Unspoken




Friday found us brunching at Old Town Cafe, a favorite spot of ours in Bellingham We shared a table with Sam, originally from Belfast. We don't know him per se, but met him last May while biking a nearby island and happened to see him again at Old Town. I love small world, chance meetings like this!
We spent the afternoon at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, Luke's choice for a birthday outing. It's a lovely environment and I enjoy seeing the boys' enthusiasm. I'm not very keen on zoos, though, so I didn't take many photos there. We had dinner on Capitol Hill, an eclectic Seattle neighborhood where I lived for a bit.












6 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary, Colleen. I hope that picture around the table will become a treasured reminder of the wonderful "fruit" that your marriage has borne--a family in which somehow 1+1=blessings multiplied in the mysterious and sometimes painful way of God.

Dancingirl said...

Echoing Rachel. You and Hans have great treasure.

Your day sounds fun and I enlarged each photo to get the details. It's like you live in another world...

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary (and birthday to Luke too!). Old Town Cafe looks like a neat place to eat. The pic of the flower shop is nice. Makes me feel like I could walk right in and stroll amongst the flowers.

RedGypsie said...

Cool place to eat! And very, very happy anniverary!

MaryD said...

Boy am i slow. I puzzled over what you mean by "words unspoken." Felicitations on your anniversary! I enjoyed all the different flowers in your pics...

Jess said...

I love the lighting in these pictures as well as the family warmth and setting, but I most especially love the last picture -that's just gorgeous.