I had a lot of missed photo opportunities today. In the late afternoon, for example, the setting sun cast a surreal glow over downtown Bellingham, the water, and Mt. Baker in the distance. And at that moment, a train headed up by a gorgeous BNSF engine came around the corner. It would have made a perfect picture, but I didn't capture it. Ah, well. I cherish the mental image. And instead, I offer this imperfect-yet-still-pleasant, post-sunset shot, which I took while running. The world looks at such peace here, doesn't it?
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Bay Sunset
I had a lot of missed photo opportunities today. In the late afternoon, for example, the setting sun cast a surreal glow over downtown Bellingham, the water, and Mt. Baker in the distance. And at that moment, a train headed up by a gorgeous BNSF engine came around the corner. It would have made a perfect picture, but I didn't capture it. Ah, well. I cherish the mental image. And instead, I offer this imperfect-yet-still-pleasant, post-sunset shot, which I took while running. The world looks at such peace here, doesn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That definitely look like the way I would like to spend the evening. I love water so much it is hard to believe I live so far inland :)
I think you captured a great shot, Colleen! I love Bellingham. My dear friend had a house right on the water somewhere. I am not sure where in B it was though. Very peaceful.
I like this shot....I'd love to see where you live: it looks beautiful!
Beautiful and peaceful! You have such lovely places to run, Colleen.
Susan
I am so jealous of the place you run. It is so beautiful and peaceful. I would be running all the time - I don't think my family would ever see me. :-)
You live in such a beautiful place!
Beautiful shot!
In response to Nikki, rest assured this is not my every-day running scene. I have to go down to Bellingham to get the great trails and waterfront. I try to do that once a week. Here in Lynden I have to run on pavement and just weave around town. I could run forever by the water. Stanley Park in Vancouver is great for that.
Lovely colors, and yes! it feels very peaceful (but was it cold?!). I got behind this weekend and am just now trying to look at all the backlog of 365 posts.
BTW, I felt the same way about video cameras as you do about cameras. I always felt I was missing the moment being stuck behind the camera (or the cameraman was not a part of life because HE was stuck behind it). The camera doesn't do that to me.
Post a Comment