My (not so) new running hat, by default. The one I usually wear was mysteriously stolen off my head in mid-stride this evening. I'd no sooner contemplated the loneliness of a dark, wooded stretch ahead on the path, than I felt a quick but decisive grab on my head...and my hat was gone. Not a sound. Not a movement. An odd and instantaneous act. Disconcerted, I returned to the comforts of home and the good life.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Hats Off
My (not so) new running hat, by default. The one I usually wear was mysteriously stolen off my head in mid-stride this evening. I'd no sooner contemplated the loneliness of a dark, wooded stretch ahead on the path, than I felt a quick but decisive grab on my head...and my hat was gone. Not a sound. Not a movement. An odd and instantaneous act. Disconcerted, I returned to the comforts of home and the good life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hmmm... was it a bird? That's a bit spooky. I'd probably have run right back home, too.
Mystery... Were you scared? I would've been. I like your hat.
I like the green hat, but that was a kind of spooky experience.
I like the hat and the sentiment but NOT the reason you had to get a new hat.
BE CAREFUL!
Glad you are safe!!
Susan
This is the weirdest experience and I'm so glad you are safe. Good idea to document it.
Great idea for a photo.
I think your experience is VERY WEIRD!!
Okay, trying again. This is the third time I've tried to post a comment to your photoblog! Who ever said I wasn't persistent?
I like the new hat and laughed at the implications of the phrase on it after your incident in the dark! LIFE is good. Life IS good. Life is GOOD!
Cool picture.
Colleen, I shudder at the thought of what could've been behind your hat disappearing. I'm sorry you lost the hat but I'm so glad nothing happened to you.
Post a Comment