Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hats Off...the Sequel

Behold, the prodigal hat, displayed here on a dormant dogwood tree in our yard. A glance around the crime scene today led to its recovery. It was bedraggled but none the worse for the wear. No marks from beaks or talons or anything of the sort. Yesterday's mysterious experience will likely never be resolved. Call it Divine intervention.

And here, my self-portrait of the month, taken in the library bathroom after a 7 mile run. Do yourself a favor and don't enlarge this photo. ;-)

9 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Hmmm... mysteriouser and mysteriouser. But at least you have the hat back.

I think you look great for after a 7 mile run!

Unknown said...

Well, you are certainly telling a story! That's one of the recommendations in the phot365 challenge website. I'm cracking up. "The Mystery of the Disappearing Hat" (sounds like a Berenstain Bears book!)

Ampersand said...

I'm happy that you got your beloved hat back.

Although the mystery solution would have been nice too!

LauraLiz said...

If that's a shot of you in the mirror, I'm impressed! I've taken several this way....and you should see the body parts I've mangaged to immortalize! There's bound to be a trick to it.....

SUSAN said...

Cool photo of yourself! I had to enlarge it, as soon as you told me not to. ;-)

No talon marks? I wonder if you could take it in for fingerprinting? I'm only half kidding.

Susan

Carol Ann Weaver said...

So, how do you take a self-portrait in the bathroom? Is this a reflection in the mirror? I have been trying this self-portrait thing but I guess I have to find out how to use the self timer on my camera. :(

MaryD said...

Love the story, love the pics. Though you are jogging, and hatless in your self-portrait, you still manage to have chic little earrings. Nice! (As a fellow mom of boys I appreciate those things!)

MaryD said...

P.S. please excuse me for saying "jogging" to a real runner. I'm sure that's not polite. (Smile)

Colleen said...

I tried taking a picture of my reflection, but it didn't work at all. This one was just taken via the standard "stretch out your arm in front of your face and click" method. I explained to anyone who came in there why I was standing in the bathroom photographing myself, and they kindly pretended I was perfectly normal. LOL

Mary, the term "jogger" is probably more apropos anyway, no worries. ;-)