From late fall through spring, eagles perch above the salmon-rich Nooksack River that runs along our property. Today we counted a dozen or so on the short drive home from church, including this immature eagle just outside our house.
I traipsed about in the dark tonight, searching for this doe-eyed beauty who had scrambled out of her pen. She narrowly escaped being hit by a car before finding her way back to the barn for a bottle of warm milk.
3 comments:
She is really a beauty. Such a warm buttery color. We have birds of prey on our property too, but I can never seem to catch them with the camera.
So this is the calf! Glad you found her and she's safe and warm.
Cows really are mellow, peaceful animals to look at. She's a beautiful color.
We have hawks but no eagles that I know of. In fact we had a hawk steal a baby martin from our yard while we were watching. I'd love to see an eagle in the wild.
Oh, she was worth the searching. Beautiful Baby. :-) I love eagles too. You are surrounded by such wildlife and beauty, Colleen!
Susan
Post a Comment