We went on a beautiful outing to the eastern part of Switzerland, where we lived after marrying. Joined by Hans's parents and our former employers, Ludwig & Agnes, we took a boat ride from the Bodensee (Lake Constance) up the Rhine.
The landscape here is quite different from that of central Switzerland, where Hans grew up. Flat land and gentle hills make for excellent bicycling. Lining the shores are charming small towns ~ German on one side, Swiss on the other ~ and boats make their way back and forth across the waters, stopping at each village.
We had our midday meal on the boat.
Then relaxed as we peacefully made our way up the Rhine.
Per and his grandfather.
All too soon, the boat ride ended and in Schaffhausen we looked at the Rhine Falls. I last visited here 17 years ago, with my parents, just the day before Jan was born.I love Swiss trains, our mode of transport for the return leg of the journey.
Ludwig & Agnes














1 comment:
I recognized my old home immediately. Good old Stein am Rhein.:)
Post a Comment