
We spent a couple of nights in Truckee, at the north end of Lake Tahoe. Another place I could live.
Totally Board. I love the combination of this building and the snowboard benches outside.
Donner Memorial State Park would be my ideal camp spot. (Except over the winter after crossing the Oregon/California Trail.)
Squaw Valley had one chairlift and two rope tows when it was awarded the 1960 Winter Olympic bid. It's still a reasonably sized resort, given its popularity. Nothing like the sprawl that's overtaken Whistler/Blackcomb. We loved it.
Some people claim it's worth $12 to bungee tramp for 5 minutes. They spend the first minute getting the hang of it; the next three attempting all manner of gymnastic feats; and the last hanging like rag dolls, wondering when the 5 minutes will end.
On top of the world with Lake Tahoe in the background.
A pool at the top of the mountain. Does it get any better than this? I think not.

5 comments:
Wow! That pool!! Beautiful!
Oh, I am so enjoying your vacation pics! That scenery is just so beautiful. Sigh, I wonder if I'll ever see that side of the US for myself. Love the pics of your family. You look great, girl!
Hey, I swam in that pool!! :) We also ice skated on the skating rink up there. Good times.
It breaks my heart to know you were so close to me! I am so close to Tahoe! I hope you had a lovely time.
Maybe some day!
Kate
Miss you Colleen!
Post a Comment