Later, due to incessant noise levels, the film studio closes, its filmmakers forced to go outside and feed calves and milk cows. But the hours of outdoor work and play don't diminish the energy levels, as evidenced later in the evening when the 6 year old runs out of the living room, tripping in the process, thereby cutting open his head on a sharp corner and sporting a bloody head wound. (Fodder for "Cruel Fathers", perhaps?)
No worries, though. Our 14+ year record of never visiting the emergency room is still intact. Where other people go in for stitches and butterfly bandages, we choose the "wind strips of a torn pillowcase around the head" route. And then we watch Mr. Bean's Holiday. Again. And people stumble over the Playmobil set on the way to bed and blame one another for not putting anything away. Again. And then a new day dawns and the Perpetually Unfinished Projects are ~ whaddya know?! ~ still unfinished. Again.
Life. It's not for the faint of heart.
7 comments:
Are those the non-violent toys that are supposed to encourage peaceful, mind-expanding play? I've heard of those. We're not as creative over here - we just use plain old guns and swords.
That blood doesn't even look real! Although I'm sure it is. :) I like your method of bandaging. It saves money and makes for a great picture. I hope it heals nicely... and if it doesn't, there is always hair to cover it up!
I hope you and all your boys are doing well. :)
That is a stellar bandaging job. :) Don't head wounds bleed like crazy? We've had a couple around here. I'm with Cutzi. Where is that peaceful, mind-expanding play? ;-P Well, peaceful, anyway. My boys don't put quite enough creativity into killing with their nerf guns. :)
Ahhh. All in a day's work (or distractions) for a mom of boys. Good luck on getting all those unfinished projects wrapped up....
Colleen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just recognized you from the Sonlight forums and reading a comment you gave on Heidi's blog!!! This is a very small world. :)
I'm Hayes Zoo Keeper over on SL...in case you can't tell without my other shirt. And I'm still smiling over your post with the dressing room Italian style comments...
I may just need to plan more meet ups when we're back in the area...:)
It's a boy thing. They're creative, all right, just look at the variety of disasters they thought of!
Reminds me of those Laura Numeroff books. If you give a pig a pancake you may find yourself wall-papering a tree-house/barn before the day ends. Well, if you give a boy a toy, anything can happen.
Good grief, I give mine graham crackers and they chew them into pistols and shoot each other over the kitchen table.
How is Rafe's head feeling?
looks like if i can't get a paying job in nursing I can just move in with you and provide care and triage when necessary. help to direct movies and finish projects in my free time.
love to think about what was being said or done as the photo was being snapped.
hello? hello? anyone there?
;-)
Post a Comment