In honor of achieving this notable number, I submit the following list of 40 Random Things I Rilly, Rilly Like:
1) the Sunday New York Times
2) warm chocolate chip cookies
3) the final few minutes (kissing montage) of "Cinema Paradiso"...best film ending EVER
4) tulips
5) good coffee, with a spot of milk and raw cane sugar
6) Robert McCloskey's picture books
7) Bach's cello suites played by Yo Yo Ma
8) saying the name "Yo Yo Ma"
9) sitting next to a wood stove while drinking tea, eating fresh scones, reading, and pretending I live in the world of Miss Read
10) my children (hey, they're kids...they won't mind being grouped with "random things")
11) clear, crisp autumn days
12) wine
13) Russian literature
14) the Italian language...I'm pretty sure you can say "I swallowed 451 oysters for supper and spent the night praying to the porcelain goddess" in Italian and it will sound lovely
15) Alplermagron
16) reading Country magazine at my parents' house
1) the Sunday New York Times
2) warm chocolate chip cookies
3) the final few minutes (kissing montage) of "Cinema Paradiso"...best film ending EVER
4) tulips
5) good coffee, with a spot of milk and raw cane sugar
6) Robert McCloskey's picture books
7) Bach's cello suites played by Yo Yo Ma
8) saying the name "Yo Yo Ma"
9) sitting next to a wood stove while drinking tea, eating fresh scones, reading, and pretending I live in the world of Miss Read
10) my children (hey, they're kids...they won't mind being grouped with "random things")
11) clear, crisp autumn days
12) wine
13) Russian literature
14) the Italian language...I'm pretty sure you can say "I swallowed 451 oysters for supper and spent the night praying to the porcelain goddess" in Italian and it will sound lovely
15) Alplermagron
16) reading Country magazine at my parents' house
17) American breakfasts
18) National Public Radio
19) ferry rides
20) magnolia trees (arbutus trees, in Canuck lingo)
21) international soccer
22) pedestrian zones
23) fresh, natural, local food
24) Miele vacuum cleaners
25) the incredibly honest performances in "Ordinary People"
26) Christopher Guest movies
27) walking along the waterfront as the sun sets
28) running the Interurban trail
29) leisurely bike rides
30) riding the streetcar down St. Charles Avenue
31) British anything
32) music from the swing years
33) going to Cape Disappointment and saying "Ocean in view, o the joy!" while pretending to be a member of the Lewis & Clark expedition
34) poetry by W.H. Auden and Gerard Manley Hopkins
35) Vivaldi's "Gloria"
36) eating hot roasted chestnuts while strolling in a European city (any will do) on a winter night
37) cutting a Fraser Fir at the Christmas tree farm each December
38) "Homestead" by Rosina Lippi
39) snow at Christmas
40) cinnamon rolls at Shari's in Winthrop, after riding bikes from the campground into town
18) National Public Radio
19) ferry rides
20) magnolia trees (arbutus trees, in Canuck lingo)
21) international soccer
22) pedestrian zones
23) fresh, natural, local food
24) Miele vacuum cleaners
25) the incredibly honest performances in "Ordinary People"
26) Christopher Guest movies
27) walking along the waterfront as the sun sets
28) running the Interurban trail
29) leisurely bike rides
30) riding the streetcar down St. Charles Avenue
31) British anything
32) music from the swing years
33) going to Cape Disappointment and saying "Ocean in view, o the joy!" while pretending to be a member of the Lewis & Clark expedition
34) poetry by W.H. Auden and Gerard Manley Hopkins
35) Vivaldi's "Gloria"
36) eating hot roasted chestnuts while strolling in a European city (any will do) on a winter night
37) cutting a Fraser Fir at the Christmas tree farm each December
38) "Homestead" by Rosina Lippi
39) snow at Christmas
40) cinnamon rolls at Shari's in Winthrop, after riding bikes from the campground into town
3 comments:
Love your list! I would enjoy doing any number of the things on it with you! Wouldn't it be nice to live in the world of Miss Read?
I am currently teaching "God's Grandeur" in co-op. Wonderful poem. I agree about Hopkins (and McCloskey). Just reread Lentil.
You young thing! Miss you.
Love to you.
Happy Birthday! (Only a little late :)) You bring in the month with a bang and I get to send it out! What a fascinating list. I love McCloskey, too. And Lobel. And Virginia Lee Burton. And Steig. Ah, I could go on and on.
Oh, and it isn't exactly *warm* around here, but when the sun shines we pretend it is really flip flop weather. :)
Happy belated Birthday Colleen! Sorry I've been missing your posts - I thought I had changed the blog address in my reader, but I guess not.
I have truly appreciated your comments on my blog lately. Thank you so much for taking the time to read it and for sharing your thoughts. Honestly, it was your comment about using Xochi instead of a middle name that finally sealed the deal.
How'd Whidbey Island go?
Post a Comment