While contemplating where to stay in Rome, I stumbled upon a truly lovely apartment in an ideal location. Just off the Campo de' Fiori, the 16th century building that houses the flat is filled with historical and cultural charm. The picturesque door above is adjacent to our entry, which is nestled amidst a street-level restaurant (below).
View from the living area. Outside the flat.
The apartment is three levels. From the loft, one looks out the skylight to the dome of Sant'Andrea della Valle. The first act of Puccini's Tosca is situated in this basilica.
Colleen, such wonderful photos! The boys (and Hans) are all so handsome. Tosca is my favorite opera...sigh... No one can sing like Luciano Pavarotti. Love the apartment you all stayed in. A swing! Wow, my kids would love that immensely.
I am way behind on everything; looking at my google feed included! As I'm catching up, there is no time to comment on everything, but I have so much enjoyed peeking in on your travels (even in reverse chronological order!). Makes me want to go back, of course!
4 comments:
Thank you for posting all these wonderful shots. Switzerland and Italy, as always, look good enough to eat. :-) I'll make it there one day.
Colleen, such wonderful photos! The boys (and Hans) are all so handsome. Tosca is my favorite opera...sigh... No one can sing like Luciano Pavarotti. Love the apartment you all stayed in. A swing! Wow, my kids would love that immensely.
Yeah!
Your got the pictures of your camera
thanks for putting them up.
loved the pics and the captions
I really liked find the cow
and the whole swing in the apartment thing and
airport pics
and everything
I am way behind on everything; looking at my google feed included! As I'm catching up, there is no time to comment on everything, but I have so much enjoyed peeking in on your travels (even in reverse chronological order!). Makes me want to go back, of course!
Good to "see" you!
Post a Comment