Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Inhale, Exhale

My friend Julie, a gem of a writer if there every was one, recently blogged about experiencing her first cigarette. I've been there, done that. My days as a smoker are behind me. But on rare occasion, given the right time, place, and company (or lack thereof), a smoke hits the sweet spot. Julie captured that perfectly http://julieunplugged.blogspot.com/2008/05/smoking.html. Her words came to mind of late when my classic German ash tray served as the receptacle for Adrian's daily Parisienne.

4 comments:

Sandie said...

That is a cool ashtray! And I have to agree, Julie's post on smoking is very worth reading.

Shannon said...

I clicked on your name and ta da- found your blog. You've been at it for sometime now. Look forward to roaming and checking out the gang. Oh yes, and I think the trick to keep a guitar in tact is, well, being a girl. Lucy's is still in mint condition, and Will's is already missing a string. Alrighty, maybe we'll see ya today!

heather said...

love your ashtray!

I can't smoke because every time I try I start laughing at the idea of me smoking. kevin sometimes buys a pack of cigarettes or bums one if the mood hits him.

Unknown said...

:) Colleen, I love this ashtray!!

I have been so busy lately, I'm way behind on blogs. Congrats to your newly minted teen too!! I hope that the teen years give you much joy and relief as your son takes more and more ownership of his life.

Hugs.