We were excited in early June to welcome the Childcare Worldwide Ugandan Children's Choir to our chapel. We sponsor five children ~ two of whom are Ugandan ~ through Childcare, an organization with which we have close ties and which is based here in Bellingham. Two of the children and their musical director stayed with our family for a few days. It was pure joy to share our life ~and "football" field ~ with our new friends. Saying good-bye was really tough.
So fun! It is so good for our children to meet and get to know people from other cultures. It is amazing to me how quickly hearts can be knit together. I know your home is full with your family so kudos for your hospitality!
This looks like a lot of fun. That's something I've really enjoyed, the fun of connecting and finding commonalities. And I've heard that choir is great to listen to as well!
6 comments:
So fun! It is so good for our children to meet and get to know people from other cultures. It is amazing to me how quickly hearts can be knit together. I know your home is full with your family so kudos for your hospitality!
Well Becky said exactly what I was going to: How fun! And what a great opportunity for the kids--yours and theirs!!
This looks like a lot of fun. That's something I've really enjoyed, the fun of connecting and finding commonalities. And I've heard that choir is great to listen to as well!
Nice to see you around again Colleen!!
I remember when you talked about this before. Wonderful to see photos.
International relations at its best. :-) What a wonderful experience both for your family and visitors.
What a special connection! The smiles are contagious. It looks like everyone had a great time.
Post a Comment