I think it's obvious which man is Hans' father. Meanwhile, his mother looks maybe five years older than I, tops. The woman does not age, I tell you! The other couple (on the right) are also lovely people. They have no children of their own, but they doted on our boys all week. Every time I turned around, this man was doling out candy or cash. What a softie. The boys told me he wept openly when the time came to say good-bye. I thought that was pretty special in light of the fact that this was the first time he'd met our guys.
The body language of both Per and Luke is so telling in this picture: Per, arms folded across his chest, is one who guards his emotions. Luke, with his constant grin and arms around Rafe, wears his emotions on his sleeve. You really "get" that from this picture.
7 comments:
I'm so sorry you weren't feeling great this past week. Isn't it frustrating how that happens when you have a million other things to do? Lovely family picture, though!
Wow, Per looks like you. You look pretty good for feeling rotten. I can't believe it is cold enough for you all to be wearing those clothes, though. Really, I know in my head that not everyone is dying of heat and dehydration, but wrapping my mind around long sleeves. And JACKETS... You MIL has a jacket?!? It blows me away. I must come north. Just for August.
I loved seeing this photo and reading your comments. Thanks! Hans and his dad do look alike! (I enlarged the photo to check it out.) So sweet about the other man. Hope you're soon feeling all better.
I love the photo and your commentary, and agree that you look pretty darn good for a sickie! Your title, though, slung me right into memory lane! Oh, about a hundred years ago, in another life, when I had babies at home and lived in Germany, a friend's little girl would always grin and say "Tschuss, babycakes!" when she took her leave. We said that for a long, long time in our family.
How nice to be able to see Han's parents (Hans does look a lot like his dad) and their friends. And, of course, I always love seeing pictures of you and your family. Your boys are so handsome and you look pretty good for being so sick. Hope you're feeling better.
How in the world can you look that good while sick! Just not fair! I hope you are on the upswing now. It stinks to be so sick when life around you is crazy.
The picture is really nice. You have been blessed with a lovely family.
Melissa
You really get a lot from that picture...great observations. I'm glad the "old softie" was able to spend time with your boys.
Susan
Post a Comment