Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Can Do


7 comments:

Leslie said...

These jars of produce are so beautiful! I did this a few days ago with some beans with the help of our friend Barb. I'm 51 and this was my first time (guess I was a "virgin" canner). It was fun, but took time. When we were done we had 14 quart jars of beans and I felt really proud - until I realized that was only 14 meals. I would have made a lousy pioneer.
P.S. I have really been enjoying your photos Colleen!

heather said...

hey looks like you had all the fun with out me.
I know canning is a lot of work,
but I really did feel like i'd done a good solid happy thing,
(sounds like barb is up to her usual self, shes the one who got me started.) (i am asumming here that a mutual canning freind named barb can only be one person)
and now alas my beautiful pressure canner sits unused in the inlaws basement in ohmaha.
can do
you know one of my favorite jokes when i was young,
a man was showing a friend from the city around his orchard. his friend siad wow what do you do with all this fruit. and the man siad we eat what we can and what we can't we can.

Sandy said...

I just love this picture. Great angle.

Leslie said...

These photographed beans are Colleen's beans, not the beans I (Leslie) canned with Barb (mutual friend). Colleen has probably "been" there and done that, and now she's an expert at not only beans, but pictures of beans. Guess you could call her "Colleen the Queen of Beans".

Kate said...

One word: impressive. Very. OK, that was two words. :+)

Kate

Unknown said...

My word! Who knew the skills you conceal under that chic wardrobe. :)

Dancingirl said...

Love the title with the shot! (There's something satisfying about canning, isn't there? To see what you've done.)