Monday, August 27, 2007

self-portrait

I'd spent the afternoon sorting through blueberries and chopping green beans. In the evening, I took Per up to town for soccer practice and ran for an hour. Came home after 8 o' clock and still needed to get the boys to bed, grab a bite to eat, shower, and start canning beans. But first I put on my barn boots and helped Hans move the cows into a different pasture. My attire ~ barn boots and running shorts ~ made me smile. So did the moon, rising behind the mountain and lighting our way. Something about the scene made me want to capture the moment.

10 comments:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

This is a priceless pic, Colleen. Great self-portrait. It communicates so much!

LauraLiz said...

Now THAT'S an outfit! :-)

The moon was very lovely last night, wasn't it?

Kelli in TN said...

Did you ever read that story about when MFS forgot to get out of her pajamas before she took her son to swim practice?

That is where I thought you were going with this! I thought you were going to say that you forgot you were wearing your barn boots when you took Per to soccer practice!!!

Cutzi said...

I am really enjoying your pictures Colleen. Surprisingly - but not so much and oddly - but not so much, each time I look at one I realize that I don't know you very well. And so it is fun getting to know you a bit better through them.

MaryD said...

So I'm really jealous of your lovely thin legs!!!

Peela or Susan said...

Hi Colleen,
Your legs are just awesome :)

Old Dominion Heather said...

Funny, you look like you are headed out clubbing, not to the barn. I have seen similar attire on my younger sister, and she knows nothing of cows.

Sandy said...

Wowsa! Look at those lovely runner's legs. I'm betting Hans appreciated that outfit. ;-)

SUSAN said...

This picture paints a thousand words. Look at those runner legs and look at the spirit...out in the barn helping where needed.
KUDOS to you!

Susan

Katrina said...

Great outfit!! :-)