Saturday, February 10, 2007

Creation Imprints

Rising Spring
Colleen, Danyale & Hosanna with poet Luci Shaw
St. Paul's Episcopal Church
Glass sculpture at Village Books, local independent bookshop
Puget Sound coastline
Recently created rock sculptures at Boulevard Park
"Graffiti", Bellingham-style

4 comments:

Dalissa 365 said...

I loved reading the quotes from the breakfast on LampPost. All of these photos appeal to me in different ways. I am, of course, drawn to the glass sculpture and can appreciate even more this year how hard it is to make one like that. I also really like the impromptu stone sculptures because I like the idea of someone making them and leaving them for others to view and the temporary nature of them plus they remind me of Peaks Island, Maine because you can always find sculptures like those there. And, the first photo with the little shoots coming up out of the ground are always a joyful reminder that spring is right around the corner.

MaryD said...

I also loved reading the quotes. This series of photos makes me glad for you that you saw so much beauty in so many forms. The church is inspiring... but the natural Puget Sound coastline takes my breath away... hard to improve on what God has created isn't it...

Sandie said...

I thought it was neat that you put the picture of you, your friends and the poet right under the shoots of the flowers, it plus the quotes on LP made me think of you awakening, or coming to life in a new way.

Unknown said...

Graffitti Bellingham style - love it.