Thursday, January 24, 2013

Seniority



The end of an era is fast approaching.  A few short years ago, I stood back and watched the seniors on the team receive recognition from the coach and hugs from their moms at the final home meet.  This time it was my turn.  Jan went from a newbie practicing the basics to the leader of the pack, hoping to earn a berth at the state championship meet.  I've been timing and cheering a few of these seniors since they were freshman, and here they are now, all grown up (sorta kinda). Gulp.  Fortunately for me, Per's taking up where Jan left off, soon finishing his own freshman year on the team.  And Luke is waiting in the wings, so in a couple of years, I may have two guys in the mix again.  
I love swim season.  Scenes like this more than make up for wet towels and jammers littering the house.  

3 comments:

BETHANY said...

Bittersweet.

Heidi said...

Swim season lasts all year at our house. I get very sick of wet towels and jammers. And yet...I started to tear up when I watched Levi swim last weekend.

I love your picture of all the guys. I'm glad you have years of swim team ahead of you. :)

The Crib Chick said...

Hey, you! Was thinking about you and your family and it occurred to me to check your blog. Love the pictures and the thoughts.