Friday, July 29, 2011

Late Spring Happenings

Some how, I became the mother of a young man. He used to be that little guy peering over shoulders of big kids. And now here he is, in that strange still-a-child-but-not-an-adult phase of life. Not a phase I'm particularly enjoying, I might add, but I'd better get used to it! Shortly before his 16th, Jan competed in his first triathlon.

He also played in his last piano recital.


Per gamely tolerates piano lessons.


While Luke is a musical man.


Rafe eagerly began lessons this year.

Here they are all with their lovely teacher, Carrie. She was Jan's first instructor, back when he was a Rafe's age (8) and she was finishing high school. He was smitten by her. Then she left us to go to college, get married, and start a family. Last year she moved back, allowing Jan to start and finish his piano education with the same teacher. But to think he's almost the age she was when she first taught him...I can't wrap my mind around it!

Canoes floated past our place during the annual Ski to Sea relay.


And Hans & Albert again powered one of those canoes.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wooohooo! She updates her blog, again. :) I love the pictures of your boys playing piano. My Luke is the musical man (piano, at least) in our family, too. Levi's a bit too free spirited for all that playing the right note and rhythm stuff. He just hums and sings his own little songs constantly. ;-P

Looks like you had a great road trip!