"The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana."
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." Like Norman Maclean, I am haunted by waters.
The Clark Fork river, and the canyon through which it runs, are examples of why Missoula is an outdoor enthusiast's playground.
Missoula is a great college town, not unlike Bellingham in many respects. I could live there.
And if I did, this would be one of my haunts. (See my new bike there?)
Alongside the river, where trails meander and green spaces abound, there's a hand-carved carousel. Absolutely perfect in every way.
I honestly thought, when I saw this ("Hellgate") in front of a school that it was a joke of some sort. Can you imagine the fun you could have with this school name? ("Welcome," intoned the principal at the start of each school year, "to the gates of hell.") The Hellgate High Knights. So named after Hell Gate canyon. If this is hell, I can't wait to see heaven.
1 comment:
That scenery is gorgeous. I think I could spend some time in Butterfly Herbs too.
Post a Comment