Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Plunge

Our family rang in 2010 with a run and a dip ~ at least, those of us who are daring did the whole shebang. (Whereas a certain teen, who shall remain unnamed, claims the act borders on craziness rather than daring. Maybe a bit of both?) The annual Resolution Run involves a lap or two around the lake followed by a quick trip into the 35-ish degree water.

The air temps were warmer than usual but it was windy. As for the water...oh. my. word. Suffice it to say my resolution to stop swearing has already gone by the wayside ~ several times over. Ahem. But taking the plunge with a couple hundred people was an adventure. My only regret is that I don't have a photo of Luke, our one offspring who dared to join his crazy parents. Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Cutzi said...

I can't believe you guys did this! You rock!

And go Luke!

Kristen said...

Whoa! Talk about freezing! You are quite daring. Three cheers for Luke for joining in the fun too!

Heidi said...

Insane. That's all I've got to say about that. :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Colleen...

You ROCK! I think the last time I did something like that I WAS a teenager.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Wait just a minute there... your hair is DRY.

What gives?

SUSAN said...

haha...I imagine that dip was quite invigorating! Happy New Year, Colleen!

Susan