Monday, July 13, 2009

Heidi Goes Swiss

Ta da! Meet my new favorite couple: Heidi (of gorgeous Mt. Hope) and her other half, Russ the Hardware Tech Guy. (Hardware, that is, as opposed to software, which would be another kinda guy altogether. Hardware guys manage to be tech savvy and cool and athletic. Software guys, not so much.) But back to Heidi. Until now, we've merely been online friends ~ leaving my 6 year old to ponder aloud, before her family's arrival, "Why are you excited that some woman you've never even met is coming over?" Because, dear, this was my e-harmony match! And a lovely match it was. The beginning ~ continuation ~ of a beautiful friendship. Not only between Heidi and me, but between our families. The guys, young (all eight of them!) and old, thoroughly enjoyed one another. I am so very happy Heidi and her crew carved out time during their vacation to spend time with us!
Alas and alack, I took precious few pictures during our time with our new friends. That's what happens when you befriend people with an interest in and flare for photography. You basically just sit and talk and watch the other person take pictures, letting her document events like the one above, which I've aptly titled, "Posse of Boys in Canoe Attempt to Behead Russ".
Per & Kai
Rafe

3 comments:

Heidi said...

E-harmony. Bwa-ha-ha! It did seem very harmonious, though. So glad I can actually call you my friend now without having to add the cyber (whisper, cough). Some people just don't get that, ya know?

our little acorns said...

Hi there, just saw the link to your blog on Heidi's page and I wanted to drop by and say hello! We live in Bellingham and are raising (& homeschooling) four sons...have a fifth baby due next month. I've been reading Mt Hope for quite a while now and was surprised to see the reference to our area! Your family is beautiful!

heather said...

should I be jealous?

( :