Friday, May 29, 2009

Paddle to the Sea

Last year, the canoe leg of the Ski to Sea was cancelled ~ dashing Hans' hope to run the river with his brother, Adrian. This time around, conditions were ideal for Hans and our friend Albert as they paddled 18 miles downriver to the sea. With a little help from the sleek racing canoe, they placed 38th out of over 400 teams. Pretty impressive.
Kayaks coming in to the finish line. This picture is pretty similar to the one I posted from last year's race, but the scenery is worth repeating.



2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yearning for B'ham in summer- so beautiful. Hey, did you hear I'm prego with twins? Pretty crazy. Kristen's trying to get me into her doc- she said he also delivered Kai. I really want a good doctor with the twins especially because I got pregnant so quickly after c-section. Did you like him? think he knows his stuff? Look forward to seeing you and your fam!

Shannon

LauraLiz said...

I love that top one especially, and I'm pretty impressed with that finish!!