Sunday, November 16, 2008
Europe...finally!
I'm here! I'm doing it! I'm posting pics from Europe! I've been swept away by politics (and let me just pause here to say...wOOt!) and not in the mode to upload photos. But the time has come to share the journey.
Please ignore the fact that my oldest son looks possessed in this picture. Just yesterday he was the little person sporting the back pack. Now he's a seasoned traveler. Sigh. Where do the years go?
What with sky-high (what an apt phrase) airfare, I bypassed our standard carriers (KLM and SAS) and opted instead for LTU, a division of airberlin. I was pleased with their service and would gladly go this route again, especially as it allows us to fly out of The Best Airport Ever: Vancouver, Canada. I "heart" the Vancouver airport. I'd spend a day just hanging out there. Seriously. I mean, look at this:
..and this:
This is an airport, for cryin' out loud! Airy and spacious and drenched in light and filled with water gardens and all manner of Native art. It's just as beautiful as any Huge Building That Enables Us to Enlarge Our Carbon Footprint can be.
And what's more, Vancouver itself is just cool. Very cool. As the 2010 Winter Olympic hoards who descend upon our region in a short fifteen months will experience for themselves. After which they'll want to move here. And I'll regret telling everyone how great it is. So forget everything I just wrote and pretend the picture below was taken as we prepare to leave Lubbock. ;-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love all these pictures Colleen! From all three posts. I especially love seeing all the boys together, holding hands, smiling... just being family.
LOL! I've flown into Lubbock once...
Thank you, thank you, for finally posting pictures!! I'm loving the story you are telling... keep it up.
Oh, I really, really want to visit Switzerland (or Heidi-land :)).
Thank you Colleen for going to the trouble of posting these pics.
It's been almost twenty years I have been "home". I almost cried. No...I think I actually cried.
Liz CA
WTM Board
Post a Comment