Can you tell I was in Europe the first few weeks of September? What?! You can't see the pictures?
Ahem.
We were in Switzerland...yet again. It is never as glamorous as it sounds, and always takes a toll in more ways than one. The weather, for the most part, was unseasonably cold and wet. I'm told the weather here at home, while we were away, was absolutely lovely. Sigh. I didn't take a great many photos but I really did want to share some pictures I took in Rome, where we spent a few days. (Rome, the city where people dine outside at 11 at night...There, of course, it was all lovely sun and heat.)
Yes, I want to share those pictures but alas, my camera has suddenly, inexplicably died. From one day to the next. The battery is fully charged but the camera, regardless of any urging and pleading on my part, won't do a thing. And my computer lacks a memory card reader. So, techno-dud that I am, I am waiting for some sort of revelatory notion as to what to do next, short of buying a new camera altogether. Each day I try turning on this one (a Panasonic Lumix DMC FX-07, by the way), hoping for a miracle. No luck so far.
So close your eyes and imagine Caravaggio paintings. Imagine Raphael's "The School of Athens". Envision me in a 16th century apartment in the Campo di Fiori. Isn't it nice?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What type of card is it? A teeny tiny one or a bigger one? We might have a card reader thingamabob that you can use. Let me know.
I think your best bet would be to get a card reader. Doesn't solve your camera problem but it does gain you access to your pictures (and you'll have it for future use). You could probably get a reader for around $20-25. You might also be able to take the card to a photo processing place and get a cd made (which you could use to upload on your computer).
As for the camera, my only suggestion is to check the manual for troubleshooting help for that particular problem. Is it still under warranty? I thought you had an Olympus?
Sorry you missed nice weather at home - I know you've been waiting for some of that. Hope the trip wasn't too stressful. :)
Glad to see a new post from you. Hope you get things worked out with the camera because I'd love to see those pictures!
Colleen, I can't believe that I just recently discovered your blog! Humph!
Looking forward to seeing your writing prowess and great photos...*especially* Rome..I hope! It is my dream to visit Rome someday.
The magnitude and sheer scale of "The School of Athens" makes me just sigh.
Love,
Camy
I've been out of the loop for a while and am just catching up. Oh, how I'd love to be back in Rome this very minute!! Switzerland, too.
Post a Comment