Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The eagle has landed

We're in eagle heaven of late. The trees that line the river along our property are literally laden with eagles. Yesterday, running alongside the river, I counted no less than 15 eagles perched on two trees ~ and as it was dusk, I can only imagine how many I didn't see. This is eagle country, but in all my life I've never seen this many, day after day. Incredible. This picture shows the pasture next to our house, where an array of bald and golden eagles were fighting over a dead possum.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow! What a privilege to see all those eagles.

SUSAN said...

Amazing! We rarely see eagles here, unless they are in the zoo.

Susan

LauraLiz said...

Incredible! Why do you think there are so many this year?

carrie said...

I'm so jealous! In the past 5 or 6 years we are seeing a lot more hawks around here, both in numbers and varieties, but we don't see eagles near my house. About 30 minutes south around the big lake there's been a resurgence of bald eagles in the past decade. Everyone's excited about that!

Anonymous said...

This entry took my breath away.

SUSAN said...

Banging on table....pictures, pictures! What are you up to? I have posted my new blog address below...it's going to be part 365 and part general stuff.

Susan
http://carpediem-susan.blogspot.com/