Thursday, August 23, 2007

Farm Tours

Two days this week we hosted tours on behalf of Organic Valley. The contrast in the groups was funny, as represented in these pictures ~ you need to enlarge them to get the gist of it. This first group are marketing execs from a high-end local grocery chain. If groceries were '80s high schoolers, this one would be the yuppie.
On the other hand, these reps from regional organic food co-ops are anything but yuppie. Forget button-downs; bring on the body art! The look, the questions, the attitude ~ you just couldn't get two more divergent groups. But that diversity is one of the things I love about this area, maybe because I'm comfortable with a foot in both of these worlds.

3 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Really enjoyed comparing the photos... even the posture of the people is different! (Though I'm not sure I'd have noticed if you'd not pointed it out.) I enjoyed your commentary.

LauraLiz said...

Very interesting! And how nice to be able to sit outside--can't do that here, not if you want to breathe! :-)

SUSAN said...

I see what you mean about the difference. lol How cool that y'all are part of the tour. Your yard and house are lovely!

Susan