History
Clearly, this is not a well-crafted photo, but who was I to interrupt the moment? For these moments ~ when my mother willingly shares stories of her childhood in World War II Germany ~ are so precious, so few and far between. My boys were captivated, envisioning their Oma as an 11 year old girl, stuffing dumplings in her pockets before rushing to the air-raid shelter. Dumplings that had been cooked in celebration of New Year's Eve....a New Year's Eve shared with her aunt, in a house already crushed by bombs. There are so many more stories where these came from. Unearthing and preserving them is the challenge...
4 comments:
Love this photo and the story behind it!!! What a treasure.
Susan
that's a precious moment, glad you didn't interrupt to somehow "compose" the picture. how great for them all to have that time together.
This photo brought tears to my eyes. I love how intent the guys are listening to their Oma. It's a great photo in every way.
Very sweet moment. I'm glad you took the picture.
Post a Comment