Friday, January 19, 2007

Home Art

A San Juan Island scene, a triptych by local photographer Mark Bergsma, hangs over our bed.
This shelf hangs next to my side of the bed. The print in the middle is a piece titled "Joyous Motherhood" by Canadian native artist Cecil Youngfox. I bought it at a gallery on Vancouver Island during my fourth pregnancy.
"Roadside Flowers", by Lopez Island artist Christine Malay, hangs in our front living room. Lopez is my favorite island in the San Juan archipelago; it's reminiscent of the island I lived on as a little girl.
These two etchings capture the village in the German Black Forest where my mother was born. They're also in the front living room, above the piano.
This scene from the Columbia River gorge is another photographic triptych by Mark Bergsma. It hangs over the front living room fireplace. I wasn't able to capture this one very well, and the unfortunate wood paneling didn't make it any easier. It's a beautiful photo, though.

1 comment:

LauraLiz said...

What a wonderful variety of artwork. When I grow up, I want to own real art by local artists. :-)

I am enjoying the look into your farmhouse!